Aurimas “Odi” Bakchis has been drifting professionally since 2011, finishing 3rd overall in the Formula Drift USA championship in 2019 and 2017. He has multiple event wins and has placed in the Top 5 overall in Formula Drift from 2014-2017.
Odi has been intrigued by motorsports for as long as he can remember. Moving to the US from Lithuania when he was 8 years old, Odi was already familiar with the racing lifestyle since he had watched his father professionally race hydroplane boats in the European championship. Odi raced motocross in California, experimented with his own motorcycle suspension, and then opened a motorcycle suspension company. Using his engineering and technical skills, he then started to explore various automotive hobbies from building custom four-link suspension systems to fabricating air-ride body-dropped sleds. After college he raced rally cars and expanded Feal Suspension to offer automotive suspension solutions.
After a friend brought him to a local drift track in 2009, Odi purchased a Nissan S13. He decided to try drifting since he found it challenging and was intrigued by the ability to express driving style. In 2010 Odi earned his professional license through two ProAm series during his first season of competitive drifting. Odi was awarded honors as the 2011 Formula Drift “Rookie of the Year” and finished the 2011 and 2012 seasons as a Top 16 driver. In 2013 Odi won the Lithuanian round of the Eastern European Drift Championship and domestically finished the season as a Top 10 driver in the Formula Drift series. Odi finished 4th overall in the 2014 Formula Drift season, with a second place event finish in Texas and a third place event finish in New Jersey.
In 2015 Odi competed in the inaugural year of the Formula Drift World Championship using both a Nissan 240SX S14 and Hyundai Genesis. He won his first Formula Drift event at Road Atlanta in May 2015 and placed second in Long Beach and in Japan. Odi finished the season as 2nd in the Formula Drift World Championship and 5th in the Formula Drift USA Championship. Odi finished 4th overall in 2016, with an event win in Washington and a third place finish in Montreal. Odi placed 3rd overall in 2017, winning in New Jersey and earning podium finishes in Seattle and Texas; and finished 9th overall in 2018.
In 2019, Odi won the first 2 Formula Drift events back-to-back. Another strong season put him 3rd overall in the championship.
International Podium Finishes:
- Russian Drift Series, Krasnoyarsk – 2nd Place 2018
- HGK Challenge, Estonia – 3rd Place 2018
- Formula Drift World Championship – 2nd Overall for season 2015
- Formula Drift Japan – 2nd Place 2015
- Eastern European Drift Championship, Lithuania – 1st Place 2013
As a proven championship contender, Odi is eager to continue to grow as a successful driver in the sport and consistently rise to new challenges.
Name – Aurimas Bakchis
Nickname – Odi
Favorite track – Road Atlanta
Other – CEO, Feal Suspension, Inc.
Hometown – Kaunas, Lithuania
Favorite food – Sushi
Pets – Two dogs
- 4th Overall, 2014 Formula Drift Standings
- Placed 2nd, 2014 Formula Drift Round 6
- Placed 3rd, 2014 Formula Drift Round 3
- 10th Overall, 2013 Formula Drift Standings
- Placed 1st, Eastern European Drift Championship 2013 Kaunas Event
- 16th Overall, 2012 Formula Drift Standings
- 16th Overall, 2011 Formula Drift Standings
- 2011 Formula Drift Rookie of the Year
- #1 Qualifier, 2012 Formula Drift Round 4
- Placed 4th, 2011 Formula Drift Round 6